Wind Turbine Blade Repair Technician Refresher Course
This course is specifically for blade repair technicians that are working in the industry or recently qualified and want to enhance their knowledge. Designed to give you a competitive edge and demonstrate your willingness to continually develop to prospective employers or contractors this course is the perfect aid.
The course covers key themes including: blade construction, personal protective equipment (PPE), composite materials and correct handling, health and safety requirements, rotor blade manufacturing processes, a range of blade repair procedures and how to correctly complete industry documentation.
It contains a range of short micro-learning tutorials that are easy-to-digest which includes; animations, videos, real life damage scenarios and multi choice knowledge checks to validate your learning.
Upon successful pass of the online multi-choice assessments you will receive a completion certificate that will be emailed directly to you or downloadable through your personal login area.
- To have a sound understanding of blade construction and associated tools, equipment and materials that are used to maintain blade performance. You will also understand the safe working practices that are applied during the repair works.
- You will understand the range of chemicals and materials used in blade repair.
- You will also understand the correct process for common blade repair techniques such as bevelling and layering. This also covers various lay-up patterns such as inverted pyramids, and dealing with leading edge repairs amongst others.
- Finally, you will learn how to correctly complete the relevant documentation when ‘signing off’ repairs. This will ensure that your employer or contractor is satisfied that the work has been carried out to the correct standard.
This online course has been developed in partnership with Advanced Blade Repair Services. A leading blade repair school in the North East of England. For more information visit: http://www.advancedbladerepairservices.com/
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 4 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 38
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Part 1 - Wind Turbine Contruction
Part 2 - Materials, Chemicals and Tools Used in Blade Repair
Part 3 - The Repair Process & Documentation
- Inspecting and Identifying Different Types of Blade Damage
- Bevel Repair Process – Setting Out
- Bevel Repair Process – Applying Layers
- Inverted Pyramid Process – Setting Out & Applying Layers
- Leading Edge – Repair Technique
- Blade Inspection Reports
- Photo Cards
- Blade Repair Report
- Knowledge Check – The Repair Process